Thursday, April 19, 2007

Shadows, etc.

_DSC2802.jpg

Interesting shadows, Östermalm, Stockholm

More wandering around central Stockholm has resulted in the pics posted here. Again, nothing terribly interesting (where are all the people??), but it was a slightly more productive wander than previous days. I'm still waiting for the nice weather to go out so I can take some boring postcard-type shots that I can sell as stock later. For now, I'm free to pursue the kind of photography I love, but am finding it hard to be inspired in this environment...

_DSC2757.jpg

Emerging, Kungsgatan, Stockholm

_DSC2741.jpg

Lunchtime, Sergelstorg, Stockholm

_DSC2813.jpg

T-Centralen, Stockholm's main subway terminal

In looking back at these, I find that many of these and many of my other photos are far too symetrical, and a bit too 'distant'. I've also really been thinking about something David Alan Harvey recently said on his blog, "...to really make photographs that have the "authorship" of which i so often speak, the photographer must look inside....for it is impossible to be an author if one does not have anything to say...." I'll admit that in most cases I'm often simply observing, and don't necessarily have anything to say about Stockholm or the other places/things I shoot, which is probably my biggest obstacle...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Austin,

Those shadows are sweet! Nice picture, it helps that the building has no balconies.

Lagers tabberas said...

Austin,
The "shadowhouse" has a foodconnection as it was build as a Bakery. My fathers grandfather was working there during a short period of his time. Since long it's now the National Museum of Music.

kebrunella said...

Hi, I think the "shadows,etc..." shot is pretty interesting, nice job!